Breakfast Bran Muffins
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Into a medium-size bowl sift flour, sugar, salt, soda and baking powder and stir in bran and grated orange rind.
2. in a small bowl beat egg slightly with buttermilk and melted butter or margarine.
3. To the flour mixture add the egg mixture stirring lightly just until evenly moist.
4. Into greased tiny muffin-pan cups spoon the lumpy batter to fill 2/3 full.
5. Let it bake in hot oven at 400° for 15 minutes such that golden and remove from cups.
6. Serve warm with desired garnish.