Orange Beer Muffins
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Beer||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil/Melted shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Lightly grease a muffin pan with oil or butter.
3. Into a large mixing bowl, measure and sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and ginger.
4. In a small bowl combine the marmalade oil, egg and beer and whisk until blended.
5. Add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir quickly with a fork just until blended.
6. Spoon into muffin cups, filling them only 2/3rds full.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minute until spongy to touch and golden.
8. Remove and invert onto a wire rack to cool.
9. Serve with tea or coffee.
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 230.7 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet