Potato Flour Muffins
|Egg whites||5 , beaten|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ice water||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||5 , beaten slightly|
|Potato flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F
2. Lightly grease individual muffin cups or a muffin tray with oil or butter.
3. Into a basin, sift together the potato flour and baking powder.
4. In a large clean and dry mixing bowl, add the beaten egg whites, sugar and salt.
5. Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites until the form soft peaks.
6. With the beater running at low speed, gradually at the ice water.
7. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks until pale and thick.
8. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the beaten egg yolks and blend well.
9. Fold the egg white mixture into the batter, without over beating.
10. Turn the batter into the muffin cups, filling them only 3/4th full
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until springy to touch and the top is golden brown
12. Remove from oven and invert the muffins on a wire rack. Allow them to cool.
13. Serve enjoy as a snack, or enjoy for breakfast if you like.