|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Soda||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Lightly grease muffin cups with oil or butter.
3. Into a basin, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
4. In large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and molasses.
5. Use a wire whisk or an electric beater to beat the mixture until light and fluffy.
6. Add the beaten egg to the creamed mixture and blend in.
7. Add the dry ingredients and the hot water, alternately to get a smooth thick batter.
8. Beat in the eggs.
9. Pour the batter into the greased cups, filling them only 3/4th full
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until a skewer when inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
11. Remove from oven and allow them to cool slightly on a cooling rack.
12. Serve for breakfast or for tea.