|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), divided|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Grate peel from two of the oranges. Squeeze orange juice. Place it aside.
2) In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder; set aside.
3) Preheat the oven to 375°.
4) In a large bowl, add butter or margarine to beat in with an electric mixer until softened.
5) Put 1 cup of the sugar, vanilla, and grated orange peel and beat well.
6) Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
7) In a small bowl, add buttermilk and 1/2 cup of the orange juice to stir.
8) Alternately add flour and orange juice mixture, to beat on low to medium speed after each addition to combine well.
9) Fold in chopped raisins.
10) Use greased muffin pans or place paper bake cups to fill 2/3 full.
11) Place inside oven to bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean.
12) Prepare orange topping, stir together the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, and the corn syrup until sugar dissolves in a medium bowl.
13) Dip muffin tops into orange topping to serve.