Dearie's Bran Muffins
|Raisin bran cereal||15 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||5 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Buttermilk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) In a very large bowl, combine cereal, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
3) In another bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
4) Combine both the mixtures.
5) Add egg mixture to bran mixture, stirring just until combined.
6) Stir in chopped nuts, if desired.
7) Grease muffin pan or line with paper bake cups and fill 2/3 full with batter.
8) Place inside oven to bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
9) Serve the muffins by topping with whipped cream, if you wish.