Honey Wheat Muffins
|Whole wheat pastry flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a muffin tray with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour with salt and baking powder.
4. In a measuring jar, combine the milk, honey and oil. Stir until well blended.
5. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients in the bowl
6. Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, gently stir, using pattern 8 movements, to get a smooth batter. Avoid over working the batter.
7. Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tray, filling each muffin mould 3/4th full.
8. Place the muffin tray on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the muffins have risen and are golden brown.
9. Remove the tray from the oven and invert the muffins on a wire rack. Allow the muffins to cool.
10. Serve the muffins warm as an evening snack or have them for breakfast.
11. Store them in an airtight container lined with grease proof paper.
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg2.8%
Sodium 595.3 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet