Fresh Cherry Muffins
|Plain flour||10 Ounce|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Milk||5 Fluid Ounce (1/4 Pint Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Red cherries||1⁄2 Pound, stoned and chopped (Use Fresh Fruit)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F (mark 6).
2) In a basin, sift the flour, baking powder and salt, then stir in the sugar.
3) combine the egg yolk and milk and blend into the dry ingredients.
4) Stiffly whisk the egg white and fold into the dough mixture alongwith the cherries.
5) Divide the dough mixture in 24 greased bun tins.
6) Bake in the preheated oven at 400°F (mark 6) for about 20 minutes until golden brown and nicely risen. Remove on a wire rack to cool.
7) Serve in a nice plate.