Yogurt and Honey Muffins
|Butter||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Clear honey||5 Tablespoon|
|Plain yogurt||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Egg||1 Large (At Room Temperature)|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Lemon juice||2 Fluid Ounce (65 Milliliter)|
|Plain flour||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Wholemeal flour||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat.a 375°F/190°C/ Gas 5 oven. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or use paper cases.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter and honey. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
3. A In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, egg, lemon rind and juice. Add the butter and honey mixture. Set aside.
4. A In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the yogurt mixture to blend.
6. Fill the prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 20-25 minutes. Let cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out. Serve warm or at room temperature.