Spiced Banana Muffin
|Plain flour||9 Ounce (250 g)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ripe bananas||3 Large|
|Dark brown sugar||2 1⁄2 Ounce (70 g)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Fluid Ounce (50 ml)|
|Raisins||1 Ounce (30 g)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F/ 190°C/ Gas 5. Lightly grease or line 10 deep muffin tins with paper cases.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, beat the peeled bananas at moderate speed until mashed.
4. Beat in the egg, sugar and oil.
5. Add the dry ingredients and beat in gradually, on low speed. Mix just until blended. With a wooden spoon, stir in the raisins.
6. Fill the prepared cups two-thirds full. For even baking, half-fill any empty cups with water.
7. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.