Dried Cherry Muffins
|Plain yoghurt||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Dried cherries||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (At Room Temperature, 115 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 (At Room Temperature)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the yoghurt and cherries. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat a 350°F/180°C/ Gas 4 oven. Grease 16 bun-tray cups or use paper cases.
3. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and the cherry mixture and stir to blend. Set aside.
5. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt. Fold into the cherry mixture in 3 batches.
6. Fill the prepared cups two-thirds full. For even baking, half-fill any empty cups with water. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.