|Self-rising flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (White Flour)|
|Self rising whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Thin cut orange marmalade||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Or Semi Skim)|
|Corn oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Peeled cored finely chopped apple||4 Ounce (115 Grams)|
|Cranberries||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), thawed if frozen (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Rolled oats||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||4 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Line a muffin pan with 10 muffin paper cases.
2. Put the two flours, cinnamon, and baking soda into a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. In a separate bowl, blend the egg with the marmalade until well combined. Beat the milk and oil into the egg mixture, then pour into the dry ingredients, stirring lightly. Do not overmix—the batter should be slightly lumpy. Quickly stir in the apple and cranberries.
4. Spoon the batter evenly into the paper cases and sprinkle the oats over each muffin. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until well risen and golden, and a skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
5. Lift out the muffins and transfer onto a wire rack. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, or until slightly cooled. Peel off the paper cases and serve warm with glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice.These muffins are best eaten on the day they are made— any leftover muffins should be stored in an airtight container and consumed within 24 hours.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2025 Calories from Fat 737
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128.2%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.8%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 214.6 mg71.5%
Sodium 3298.1 mg137.4%
Total Carbohydrates 289 g96.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67.3%
Sugars 54.8 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 39%
Calcium 61.3% Iron 43.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet