Blueberry Patch Muffins
|Fresh blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (For Batter)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1. Pick over blueberries; wash; spread on paper toweling to drain, then shake gently to dry well. Reserve for Step 4.
2. Combine the 1 tablespoon sugar and lemon rind in cup; reserve.
3. Sift flour, the 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt into medium-size bowl.
4. Combine egg, milk and melted butter or margarine in small bowl; add all at once to dry ingredients; stir quickly and lightly just until liquid is absorbed (batter will be lumpy); gently fold in blueberries.
5. Spoon into 12 medium-size, greased, muffin-pan cups, filling cups two-thirds full; sprinkle reserved lemon-sugar over.
6. Bake in hot oven (425°) 20 minutes, or until golden-brown; remove from pan at once; serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1931 Calories from Fat 537
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.7%
Saturated Fat 35.1 g175.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 355 mg118.3%
Sodium 3295.2 mg137.3%
Total Carbohydrates 311 g103.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.4%
Sugars 109.5 g
Protein 41 g82.1%
Vitamin A 39.2% Vitamin C 34.7%
Calcium 145.5% Iron 82%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet