Muffin Pan Crispies
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed light brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Make 1 hour before serving:
1. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
2. In medium bowl, with mixer at medium speed, mix 1/4 cup butter or margarine with 1/3 cup light-brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract until mixture is smooth. Stir in rolled oats, then milk; mix until well blended.
3. Into each of 12 ungreased muffin-pan cups, measuring 2 inches across bottom, lightly pile about 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls of rolled-oats mixture; with fork, very gently level off top of each.
4. Bake 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in 1/3 cup brown sugar, hot water, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Heat about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. At end of 15 minutes baking, remove cookies from oven and spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons butter-brown sugar sauce over each. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
7. With thin-bladed spatula, very carefully loosen edges of each cookie from pan all around, pressing gently toward center. Cool 5 minutes, then gradually remove from pans; finish cooling on paper towels on wire rack. Store in tightly covered container; these cookies keep well. Makes 1 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2230 Calories from Fat 947
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.3%
Saturated Fat 60.9 g304.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.6 mg81.9%
Sodium 703.9 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 291 g97%
Dietary Fiber 22.8 g91%
Sugars 152.7 g
Protein 32 g64.7%
Vitamin A 57.1% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 51.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet