Peach and Cranberry Muffins
|Dried peaches||4 Ounce, chopped (125 g)|
|Dried cranberries||3 Ounce, chopped (75 g)|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (250 g)|
|Wholemeal flour||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Golden caster sugar||6 Ounce (175 g)|
|Corn oil/Sunflower oil||8 Fluid Ounce (250 ml)|
1. Line a muffin tin with paper cases, or butter each hole then dust it with flour. Soak the dried peaches and cranberries in hot water to cover for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, sift the flours and baking powder into a large bowl. Whisk the eggs, sugar, salt and oil together in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Add this to the flour and mix well together. Dram the dried fruit well then fold it in until evenly distributed.
3. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin holes about 1 heaped tablespoon per muffin.
4. Bake in a preheated oven, 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4, for 25 minutes until risen and golden. Leave to cool slightly in the tin then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or wrap individually and freeze for up to 1 month.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4581 Calories from Fat 2269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 257 g394.8%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g123.9%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 1265.8 mg52.7%
Total Carbohydrates 537 g178.9%
Dietary Fiber 25.9 g103.7%
Sugars 285.3 g
Protein 45 g90.2%
Vitamin A 68% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 89% Iron 63.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet