Bran Graham Muffins With Raisins
|All-bran cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add bran cereal, gram cracker crumbs, all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ brown sugar, baking soda, salt and raisins. Combine this mixture well and set it aside.
3. In another bowl, add egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil, molasses, vanilla extract and whisk well.
4. Stir the wet ingredients slowly into the dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Take a greased 12 cup muffin pan and spoon the batter into each cup. Bake this in the oven at 375 degrees F for about 20 - 25 minutes.
6. Once done, let the muffins sit in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove and cool on rack.
7. Serve these muffins with warm milk or tea.
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.6 mg5.9%
Sodium 319.7 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 35.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet