Oatmeal Cinnamon Muffins
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking rolled oats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mixed dried fruit/Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||1 Tablespoon (If You Like)|
1. Turn the oven to 400°. Put a paper bake cup into each of the muffin pan cups.
2. In the large mixing bowl put the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir with the wooden spoon to mix. Save until Step 4.
3. Crack the egg into the small mixing bowl. Beat the egg with the fork till the yolk and white are mixed. Add milk and oil to egg. Beat till well mixed. Stir in fruit bits or raisins.
4. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir with the wooden spoon till the dry ingredients are wet. (The batter should be lumpy.) Use the large spoon to put the batter into muffin cups. Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full.
5. Put the muffin pan(s) in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till the muffins are golden. Turn off the oven.
6. Use hot pads to remove the muffin pan(s) from the oven. Tip the muffin pan(s) to remove the muffins. Cool about 5 minutes. Serve muffins warm with margarine or butter, if you like. Makes 12.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.1 mg12.7%
Sodium 265.8 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet