Bran Applesauce Muffin
|For the dry ingredients|
|Wheat bran||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the wet ingredients|
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), stewed|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, add and combine the dry ingredients of wheat bran, whole wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and raisins. Mix well and set it aside.
3. In another bowl, add and combine the wet ingredients of unsweetened applesauce, yogurt, egg, vegetable oil. Mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
5. Take a greased 12 muffin cup tray, spoon this batter about 2/3 full of each cup.
6. Bake this in the oven at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Serve these bran muffins with tea or coffee.
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.8 mg6.3%
Sodium 159 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 0.99%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet