Whole Wheat Cranberry Muffins
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Lightly spray 10 muffin tin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line them with paper liners; set aside.
3. In a large bowl stir together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. In a small bowl stir together the milk, margarine, honey and egg. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir vigorously 30 seconds. Stir in the cranberries.
5. Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake 30 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.