Zucchini Raisin Muffins
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole bran cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ready To Eat)|
|Light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), squeezed dry|
|Dark raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry roasted cashews||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Spray 12 muffin tin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line them with paper liners.
3. In a medium-size bowl stir together the buttermilk, oats and cereal; set aside 30 minutes.
4. In another medium-size bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the margarine and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, then stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
5. Add the flour mixture to the oats mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the zucchini, raisins and cashews, divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.