Squash Nut Muffins
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cooked mashed winter squash/Thawed frozen squash||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, sugar, and nuts.
3. Add the egg, oil, squash, and milk and mix only until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Spoon batter into oiled muffin tins, filling two-thirds full.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.