Squash Nut Muffins
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cooked mashed winter squash/Thawed frozen squash||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, sugar, and nuts.
3. Add the egg, oil, squash, and milk and mix only until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Spoon batter into oiled muffin tins, filling two-thirds full.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2108 Calories from Fat 1323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g225.4%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g133.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.2 mg81.7%
Sodium 2341.4 mg97.6%
Total Carbohydrates 171 g57.2%
Dietary Fiber 21 g84.1%
Sugars 97.8 g
Protein 49 g97%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 130.3% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet