Banana Oatmeal Muffins
|Quick-cooking oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated (At Room Temperature)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Banana||1 Small, mashed|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the oats, flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
3. Lightly beat the egg yolks and stir in the hot milk. Beat until very light and thick. Beat in the oil, vanilla, and mashed banana. Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the yolk mixture and fold in gently.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the batter. Spoon into oiled muffin tins until they are two-thirds full.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and done. Cool on a rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1972 Calories from Fat 858
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.9%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 434.3 mg144.8%
Sodium 2126.7 mg88.6%
Total Carbohydrates 236 g78.6%
Dietary Fiber 17 g67.8%
Sugars 43.8 g
Protein 49 g97.5%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet