Peanut Butter Apricot Muffins
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Unsulphured dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stone ground whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Natural peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pour boiling water over the apricots. Let stand for 3 minutes. Drain the apricots and dice finely using scissors.
3. In a bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, unbleached flour, wheat germ, salt, and baking soda.
4. With two knives, cut in the peanut butter and the butter until well distributed. Add diced apricots.
5. Combine the molasses, egg, and buttermilk and add all at once to the peanut butter mixture. Stir only until the dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Spoon the batter into 8 oiled 2 1/2-inch muffin tins. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the muffins. Bake for 15 minutes, or until done.