Peanut Butter Apricot Muffins
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Unsulphured dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stone ground whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Natural peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pour boiling water over the apricots. Let stand for 3 minutes. Drain the apricots and dice finely using scissors.
3. In a bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, unbleached flour, wheat germ, salt, and baking soda.
4. With two knives, cut in the peanut butter and the butter until well distributed. Add diced apricots.
5. Combine the molasses, egg, and buttermilk and add all at once to the peanut butter mixture. Stir only until the dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Spoon the batter into 8 oiled 2 1/2-inch muffin tins. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the muffins. Bake for 15 minutes, or until done.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1483 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.4%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.7 mg81.2%
Sodium 1464.4 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 250 g83.5%
Dietary Fiber 32.2 g128.7%
Sugars 99.5 g
Protein 52 g104.7%
Vitamin A 99.1% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 70.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet