|Oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shortening/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl combine the eggs, brown sugar and shortening.
2. Add the salt, coconut and vanilla.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda, and stir in the dates (in a separate bowl).
4. To the shortening mixture, stir in the cooled oatmeal.
5. Add flour date mixture.
6. Spoon into 12 greased and floured muffin tins.
7. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.