Raisin Bran Muffins With Buttermilk
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bran cereal flakes||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (with raisins)|
1. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Combine eggs, buttermilk and oil, mixing well. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in bran flakes. Cover bowl and set in refrigerator for 24 hours.
3. Fill 6 paper-lined microwave-oven-safe muffin-ring cups half full with batter.
4. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 5 1/2 to 6 minutes
at Medium-High, or until a cake tester comes out clean and tops of muffins appear slightly moist, but not wet.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 using remaining batter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4324 Calories from Fat 1154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 130 g200%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 7039 mg293.3%
Total Carbohydrates 731 g243.7%
Dietary Fiber 46 g183.8%
Sugars 336.3 g
Protein 84 g168.2%
Vitamin A 114.6% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 403.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet