Apple Raisin Muffins
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
2. Melt shortening in a 2-cup glass measuring cup in microwave oven (1 minute and 30 seconds at High). Set aside.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, apple and raisins in a bowl.
4. Combine milk and egg. Add to melted shortening. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
5. Spoon into 12 paper baking cups set in a metal muffin pan.
6. Place muffin pan on bottom metal rack. Cook in convection oven 25 to 30 minutes at 375°F, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.