Mini Egg Muffins
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Italian sausage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice (cooked)|
|Cherry tomatoes||6 , halved|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease your mini muffin tin with some butter.
- Evenly distribute the diced sausage and bell peppers between each mini muffin.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour in the egg mixture, filling each mini muffin cup about 3/4 of the way full.
- Gently top with a cherry tomato half. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve the muffins with fresh fruit juice.
Eat right out of the oven or allow to cool and wrap and refrigerate to enjoy later. To heat just pop them into the microwave or into the toaster oven until heated through.
Alternative Flavor Combos Instead of Sausage and Peppers, try these flavor combinations. Use the same amount of eggs and follow the same steps, just replace the muffin ingredients.
Cheesy Bacon: 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese + 6 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled.
Spinach + Mushroom: 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves, minced + 1/2 cup button mushrooms, diced.
Calories 251 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 446.6 mg148.9%
Sodium 342 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g2%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet