|Old-fashioned rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apricots/Sun-dried black mission figs / pitted prunes||4 , chopped|
|Pitted dates||4 , chopped|
|Dried cranberries/Sun-dried raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||8 , chopped|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Banana||1 , sliced (For Garnish)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) In a large bowl add oats, figs, dates, raisins or cranberries, almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix together.
2) Add apple juice and soak the mixture overnight.
3) The oats and fruit should absorb all the apple juice.
4) Grate apple with the skin.
5) Mix it to the oat mixture and combine together.
6) Fill equally into 6 bowls.
7) Garnish with few slices of banana, 1/4 cup yogurt, and serve.
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.8 mg2.3%
Sodium 83.5 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.9%
Sugars 44.1 g
Protein 16 g31.2%
Vitamin A 28.2% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet