Apple Yogurt Muesli
|Rolled oats||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple||1 Large, halved and cored|
1) In a small dish, pour hot water over the layered oats.
2) Allow to stand for a few minutes so that they become tender, then drain a little.
3) Fold in yogurt and lemon juice and put aside.
4) To the work bowl of the food processor(use metal blade), add the almonds and pulse on/off till they are finely slivered.
5) Remove from bowl and put aside.
6) Cut apple to fit feed tube using the shredding disc of the food processor and thin shred.
7) Now remove the shredding disc.
8) With the help of a spatula push apples to the side of the bowl and now insert metal blade or plastic mixing blade.
9) Around the bottom of the bowl,evenly layer the apple and ladle in yogurt mixture.
10) Mix with 2-3 on/off pulses.
11) Ensure that you do not overblend the mixture.
12) Do not chop the apple shreds.
13) Transfer to the serving dish, scatter on nuts and serve immediately.
Calories 122 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 0.53 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg0.6%
Sodium 22 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet