Date and Apple Muesli Slice
|Stoned dates||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Black tea||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter, Weak Variety)|
|Swiss muesli||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, melted (125 Gram)|
|Dessert apple||1 , grated (Sharp)|
1. Place the dates in a bowl; pour over the tea and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, line a shallow 23 cm (9 inch). Square tin with nonstick baking paper.
3. Mix together the muesli and butter in a bowl, then add the apple. When the dates are softened, puree them with a blender or mash them with a potato masher. Stir the dates into the muesli mix.
4. Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth over the top lightly.
5. Bake in a preheated oven, 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4, for 40 minutes until just cooked but still moist. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into 8 pieces, then leave to cool completely.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days (5 days in a refrigerator) or wrap individually and freeze for up to 1 month.