Honey Mango Mousse
|Ripe mango||1 Large|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened apple puree||300 Milliliter (0.5 Pint)|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Artificial sweetener||To Taste|
|Powdered gelatin||3 Teaspoon|
1. Halve the mango by cutting right round its circumference; remove the stone and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
2. Blend the mango flesh and lime juice in the liquidizer; if necessary, make up to 300 ml (1/2 pint) with water.
3. Mix the mango and apple purees together; add the honey and yogurt. Add artificial sweetener to taste.
4. Put the gelatine and water into a small bowl; stand over a pan of hot water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Stir the gelatine mixture into the fruit puree.
5. Whisk the egg white until stiff but not dry; fold lightly but thoroughly into the mango and apple mixture.
6. Spoon into stemmed passes and chill for 2-3 hours. (Can be chilled for up to 24 hours.)