Chili Chocolate Mousse - A Romantic Idea for Valentine's Day
|Dark chocolate||100 Gram|
|Vanilla pod||1 , seeds scraped|
|Brewed coffee||40 Milliliter|
|Chili pepper powder||1 Pinch|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1.Begin by melting the dark chocolate either by water bath or in microwave, I personally prefer the water bath process as in my opinion the taste of the chocolate is better retained.
2. Once the chocolate is fully melted add butter and stir. Move away from the cooker and continue working on the mix by adding the 2 eggs (only the yolk part) keep the white aside for now.
3.Cut open a vanilla pod and collect the seeds running through it with a small smooth knife and add to the mix. Continue by adding the 40ml of brewed coffee (I use an expresso machine); coffee intensifies the dark chocolate flavor.
4. Add a pinch of chili pepper powder (you can add more or less as you like).
5. Start working the 2 eggs white and add 1/2 a tea spoon of powder sugar, beat it together until firm; put the bowl upside down and make sure it is so firm it doesn't move at all.
6. Gently add the foamy egg whites to the chocolate mix, use a big spoon and stir from the bottom to the top; it is important that the foam stays foamy.
7. Pour into heart shaped mini bowls or any other shape of your choice. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hour, this helps the mousse settle in.
8. Just before serving, decorate with some whipped cream and sprinkle some white chocolate and red dried fruits on it. Add an icing rose bud or heart to the corner and serve.
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g66.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 226.2 mg75.4%
Sodium 86.3 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 25.9 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 7% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet