Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
|Vegan dark chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Silken tofu||19 Ounce (about 1 pound 3 ounce package.)|
|Maple syrup||6 Tablespoon (about 1/3 cup)|
|Chunky peanut butter||6 Tablespoon (Organic, about 1/3 cup)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||2 Dash|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted (organic, for the Nut Topping)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon (For the Nut Topping)|
|Cinnamon sugar||1 Dash (For the Nut Topping)|
1. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Stir to get a smooth sauce like consistency. If you do not have one, you can take small saucepan filled with about an inch of water and place a medium bowl on top in which you can put the chocolate. Let the melted chocolate cool slightly.
2. In a food processor or blender jar, combine the melted chocolate with all the remaining ingredients.
3. Blend until smooth, creamy and consistent in texture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times while blending.
4. Pour into a large glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. To make the nut topping, in a small food processor jar, combine walnuts, 1 pinch sea salt, cinnamon sugar, and oil. Pulse 6-7 times until it resembles crumbs.
6. Scoop the Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse into dessert coupes.
7. Sprinkle with the nut topping.
8. Garnish with fresh fruit like strawberries and blueberries if you like.
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.7%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 167 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 25.2 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.62%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet