Frozen Maple Mousse
|Maple syrup/Maple-flavored syrup||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Pint (2 Cups)|
1) In a top bowl of a double boiler, placed over direct heat, the maple syrup just until it is bubbly around the edge of the pan.
2) In a bowl, using an electric mixer or rotary beater, beat egg yolks with salt until light-coloured.
3) While still beating add in all the syrup.
4) Place the bowl back on top of the double boiler.
5) Over the simmering water, stir constantly, until mixture slightly thickens and forms a coating on the back of metal spoon for about 10 to 15 minutes.
6) Place the top bowl of double boiler into ice water, beat mixture until thick and fluffy and well chilled for 5 minutes.
7) In a chilled bowl, beat in 2 cups of heavy cream just until stiff.
8) Slightly fold in the syrup mixture.
9) Transfer the mixture into an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking pan.
10) Place the pan into freezer and freeze until firm about 1 inch from edge.
11) In a bowl, put the egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
12) Transfer the egg mixture into 6-cup mold., preferably one with a tube.
13) Wrap with plastic wrap and freeze, until firm for 8 hours or overnight.
14) Invert to unmold onto chilled serving plate and garnish with whipped cream.
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.8%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.3 mg57.1%
Sodium 79.1 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 39.2 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 0.8%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet