Pumpkin Rum Mousse
|Egg||6 , separated|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Golden rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pureed pumpkin||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Pint (2 Cups)|
|Pecan halves/Walnut halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Needed)|
1) Fold a 26-inch-long piece of parchment paper in thirds, using string, tie collar around 1-quart souffle dish, to form a rim 2 inches high.
2) In a mixer bowl, place the egg whites to warm at room temperature for 1 hour.
3) In a saucepan, soak gelatine in water and rum for 5 minutes until soften.
4) Heat the gelatine mixture, stirring until gelatine is dissolved.
5) Take away from heat.
6) In another mixer bowl, using a mixer beat egg yolks until thick for 3 minutes.
7) Slowly add in half of the sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating continuously until stiff.
8) Mix in pumpkin and spices, softened gelatine.
9) In a clean bowl, beat about 1 1/2 cups of cream until stiff.
10) Place the cream in refrigerator until needed.
11) In a clean large bowl, using a clean beater beat the egg whites until soft peak consistency.
12) While still beating, add in the remaining sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition until stiff peaks consistency.
13) Using whisk, fold pumpkin mixture into egg whites lightly to combine.
14) Gently fold in whipped cream.
15) Transfer the pumpkin mixture into souffle dish.
16) Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight until firm.
17) In a bowl, whip the remaining cream and file it put in a piping bag with number-5 tip.
18) Pipe on rosettes, sprinkle with pecans, and serve chilled.
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 340
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.7%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 321.1 mg107%
Sodium 114.9 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 219.2% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet