Coffee Mousse With Walnuts
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 envelope)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant coffee granules||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
1) In a medium saucepan, mix first 4 ingredients.
2) In a bowl, mix egg yolks and milk well.
3) Add the egg mixture to gelatin mixture and let it sit for a minute.
4) Cook the mixture on low heat until smooth and thickened. Keep stirring.
5) Turn off heat and add vanilla.
6) Chill until the consistency is like unbeaten egg white.
7) In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy and slowly add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form.
8) Slowly add whites into the coffee mixture. And then add whipped cream and walnuts into it.
9) Pour the mixture in individual serving dishes and chill until set.
10) Top coffee mousse with whipped cream and serve.