Easy Chocolate and Orange Mousse
|Dark chocolate||8 Ounce, broken into pieces (Use Plain Variety)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Frozen concentrated orange juice||2 Tablespoon, Defrosted|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use As Required)|
|Grated chocolate||1 Ounce (Use As Required)|
1) In a large microwavable bowl, place together chocolate with butter.
2) Place in the microwave and cook for 2 1/2 minutes to melt.
3) Using a beater, beat the mixture well and if necessary return it to the microwave oven for 15-30 seconds longer.
4) Whisk in the egg yolks in the chocolate mixture.
5) Blend in the concentrated orange juice.
6) In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and fluffy.
7) Lightly fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
8) Slowly stream the chocolate mixture into serving bowl.
9) Place in refrigerator until set and chilled.
10) Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Calories 609 Calories from Fat 385
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.2%
Saturated Fat 25.4 g127%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 280.3 mg93.4%
Sodium 94.1 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 31.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet