Light Carob Mousse
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Carob powder||9 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 Small, separated|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||3 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, take gelatin and water. Beat it well and let stand for five minutes.
2. In another bowl, mix carob powder in boiling water such that there are no lumps.
3. Add gelatin mixture to the above contents. Stir well until gelatin gets dissolved.
4. In an electric mixer, take yolks. Add honey gradually and beat it until it becomes light and fluffy.
5. Add salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix it well.
6. In a bowl, break eggs. Separate egg whites from yolks.
7. In the bowl which has egg yolks, pour carob mixture. Blend it well.
8. In the bowl which has egg whites beat it well till whites peak and are still moist.
9. Add the carob mixture into egg whites. Blend well.
10. In a large decorative bowl or individual serving glasses, pour the above mixture.
11. Cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
12. Serve Light Carob Mousse with a dollop of whipped cream, chopped nuts, or sprinkle of coconut.