Rum and Raisin Mousse
|Raisins||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Gelatin powder||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams)|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄2 Pint (275 Milliliters)|
|Sweet n low||3 Tablespoon (6 Packets)|
|Rum essence||3 Drop|
1. Chop raisings and soak in water overnight.
2. In a small basin, take 3 tablespoons of water and sprinkle gelatine on top; let soak for 5 minutes.
3. In a pan of simmering water, place the basin and let stand until gelatine dissolves completely.
4. In a saucepan of milk, stir in gelatine mixture.
5. Into a bowl, whisk together egg white and Sweet 'n' Low until stiff.
6. Add to the milk along with rum essence and drained raisins; mix with folding movements.
7. Into a plastic container, pour the mixture and freeze for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from freezer and gently fold to mix.
9. Repeat freezing and folding every 15 minutes until mousse is set.
10. Freeze mousse until served.
11. Remove from freezer and let defrost completely.
12. Serve cold Rum And Raisin Mousse with chocolate cake.