Fresh Pear Mousse
|Powdered gelatin||5 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Light muscovado sugar||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon Leveled)|
|Ripe dessert pears||2 Pound (900 Grams)|
|Liqueur/Kirsch||30 Milliliter (Porie Williams, 2 Tablespoon)|
|Double cream||10 Fluid Ounce (1 Carton / 284 Milliliter)|
1. Lightly oil a 1.4 litre (2 1/2 pint) ring mould, turn upside-down and drain on paper.
2. Alternatively, lightly oil and base-line a 1.4 litre (2 1/2 pint) souffle dish with greaseproof paper.
3. Sprinkle the gelatine over 75 ml (5 tbsp) water and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
4. Bring the milk and vanilla pod to the boil.
5. Turn off heat, add the soaked gelatine and stir until dissolved.
6. Cover and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
7. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick.
8. Strain over the hot milk, stirring until well blended.
9. Peel, quarter and core the pears and puree with the egg custard and liqueur until smooth.
10. Chill until just starting to set.
11. Whip the cream until it just begins to hold its shape and fold gently into the pear mixture.
12. Pour into the prepared mould or souffle dish and chill overnight.
13. Dip the dish quickly into hot water and then invert on to a flat serving plate.
14. Remove the lining paper and serve accompanied by Caramelised Clementines.
Calories 687 Calories from Fat 450
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.1%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.8 mg48.3%
Sodium 39 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.1%
Sugars 39.8 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet