Frozen Maple Mousse
|Egg yolks||7 Large (at room temperature)|
|Pure maple syrup||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Ice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as per requirement)|
|Heavy cream||3 Cup (48 tbs), chilled|
|Vanilla essence||2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped (for garnish)|
|Pecan halves||1 Tablespoon, toasted (for garnish)|
1. In a large bowl put the ice cubes or crushed and some water to be used later.
2. Beat the egg yolks and maple syrup in a microwave safe medium bowl until its thick and frothy.
3. Cook in the microwave uncovered for 3 minutes at half power.
4. Cook further for 2 ½ minutes by increasing the power by three quarters, stirring once or twice during the cooking (It should barely coat a wooden spoon).
5. Keep the bowl in the ice bath prepared earlier (or chill in the fridge).
6. In a large bowl beat 3 cups of heavy cream with the electric mixer at high speed until soft peak forms.
7. Put the vanilla and salt and beat until stiff peak forms.
8. Strain the yolk mixture through a fine strainer and add slowly to the whipped cream. 9. With an electric mixer at low speed or a wooden spoon blend it nicley.
10. In long stemmed dessert dishes pour the mixture and freeze it for 3 hours or until set firmly.
11. Serve frozen garnished with a dollop of whipped cream and a toasted pecan half. It can also be frozen in fancy glass bowl or a martini glass, giving it a fancy look.