Chocolate Mousse With Fine Sugar
Water - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 6, separated
Super Fine Sugar - 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
Heavy cream - 1 cup, whipped
Salt - a dash
Super Fine Sugar - 1/4 cup
1. In a saucepan, melt chocolate and water, allow to cool.
2. In a bowl, beat egg yolks, ½ cup sugar until thick and pale.
3. Blend in the chocolate, vanilla into the egg yolks, fold in the whipped cream.
4. In another bowl, beat egg whites, salt and ¼ cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold in the beaten egg whites with the cream mixture.
6. Into parfait glasses, spoon the mixture and chill for 3 hours until well set.
7. Serve chilled.