Mousse De Tomato Chaude
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Pound, peeled seeded and chopped (2 Kilogram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Bouquet garni||1 Large|
1. Beat egg whites and set aside.
1. In a saute pan, heat oil to saute onion for five minutes or until soft. Do not brown.
2. Further, add tomatoes, garlic, bouquet garni, salt and pepper and cook on medium flame. Stir the mixture often until it becomes thick enough to hold a shape. Cook for about 30 minutes.
3. Remove bouquet garni and pure the mixture in a food processor.
4. Add seasoning as per taste. Add sugar to balance the acidic flavor of tomatoes, if needed.
5. Add the blended mixture to the pan and heat over low flame.
6. Add beaten egg white, a little at a time, to the puree.
7. Whisk thoroughly to avoid the formation of egg white lumps.
8. Add seasoning to taste and serve at once.