Basic For Mousse Set With Gelatin
|Fruit puree||1⁄4 Pint|
|Castor sugar||1 Ounce|
|Cream/Evaporated milk / mixture of the two||1⁄4 Pint|
|Fruit juice/Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Drop|
|Coloring||1 Drop (As Required)|
1. In a large basin, tip in the puree, lemon juice and sugar and whip well
2. In the fruit juice, dissolve the gelatin
3. In another bowl, half whip the cream or the evaporated milk till stiff
4. Whisk the egg whites till stiff.
5. Add the gelatin to the puree and then fold in the cream and food coloring.
6. Add the egg whites gently and mix well
7. Pour this mix into a soufflÃ© case or a glass dishes and leave to set
8. Decorate with whipped cream and serve cold