Smoked Mackerel Mousse
|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 gram)|
|Chicken stock||8 Fluid Ounce (250 milliliter)|
|Smoked mackerel||1⁄2 Pound, skinned, boned and flaked (225 gram)|
|Gouda cheese||3 Ounce, grated (75 gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce, melted (15 gram)|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 1/2 tablespoons)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly chopped parsley||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Lemon slice||1 (for garnish)|
|Cucumber slices||4 (for garnish)|
1. Add the gelatin to the stock and leave for 5 minutes until spongy, then heat gently until it gets dissolved; cool slightly.
2. In a blender container, combine the stock-gelatin mixture along with the remaining ingredients, except the parsley, and blend to a smooth puree.
3. Add the parsley, and then pour the mixture into a lightly buttered mould or serving dish.
4. Chill in the refrigerator until set.
5. Dip the mould or dish in hot water, invert over a plate and turn out the mousse.
6. To freeze: open (flash) freeze until firm, then wrap in a freezer bag or foil.
7. Seal and return to the freezer; label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
8. To thaw: remove wrappings and place the mousse on a serving platter.
9. Thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
10. Arrange the mousse and garnish with lemon and cucumber slices just before serving.