Quick Raspberry Mousse
|Raspberry jelly||3 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Raspberries||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz), chilled (1 small can)|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1) In a measuring jug, add the jelly and level up to 300 ml/ 1 1/4 cups with boiling water.
2) Stir until dissolved, then allow to stand, until just beginning to set.
3) In an electric blender, puree the raspberries then pass through a nylon sieve .
4) Beat into the jelly and then beat further, until fluffy.
5) In a bowl, beat the evaporated milk, until thick and creamy.
6) Then fold into the raspberry mixture, until thoroughly blended.
7) Lastly, stir in the kirsch (if using).
8) In a freezerproof serving dish, spoon the mixture and refrigerate until set.
9) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Cover with a foil, then pack in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
10) Top the Quick Raspberry Mousse with rosettes of whipped cream and serve.
11) If using the frozen dish, unwrap and thaw at room temperature for 3 hours. Serve as indicated in step 10.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 888 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.7%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.4 mg49.1%
Sodium 270.3 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.4%
Sugars 78.4 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 107%
Calcium 65.2% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet