Iced Strawberry Mousse
|Strawberries||1⁄2 Pound, hulled|
|Castor sugar||1 Ounce|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, lightly whipped|
1) In a blender, add in the strawberries and blend to a smooth puree. Strain the puree into a bowl.
2) To the bowl, add in sugar and egg yolks. Beat to a thick consistency.
3) Gently fold in the cream.
4) In a bowl, beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks. Fold into the strawberry mixture.
5) If you want to freeze, transfer the souffle into individual souffle bowls. Cover with foil and pack them in freezer bags.
6) Seal, label and freeze the bags.
7) Serve the Iced Strawberry Mousse, garnished with sliced strawberries.
8) To thaw the mousse, place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
9) Serve as in step 7.
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg61.7%
Sodium 19.8 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 55.6%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet