Soured Cream And Tuna Mousse
|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 g)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 ml)|
|Watercress||1 3⁄4 Ounce, stalks removed and leaves finely chopped (1/2 bunch)|
|Canned tuna fish||1 Ounce, drained and flaked (1 can, 200 g)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress sprigs||3 (to garnish)|
1. In a pan, mix together gelatin and water, leave for 5 minutes until spongy, and then heat gently until dissolved.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine together the remaining ingredients and stir well to mix thoroughly.
3. Stir in the dissolved gelatin, then pour into 3 3/4 cup soufflÃ© dish and chill in the refrigerator until set.
4. To freeze: wrap in a freezer bag or foil; seal and return to the freezer; label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
5. To thaw: remove wrappings and thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
6. Garnish the top of the mousse with watercress just before serving.
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.5 mg10.8%
Sodium 182.8 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.15 g0.58%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet