Summer Chicken Mousse
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 g)|
|Water||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 ml)|
|Horseradish sauce||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooked chicken meat||10 Ounce, minced (275 g)|
|Celery stalks||2 , minced|
|Tomato slices||4 (to garnish)|
1. Place the egg yolks in a heatproof bowl and stand over a pan of hot water; beat until thick.
2. In a pan, mix together gelatin and water, leave for 5 minutes until spongy, and then heat gently until dissolved.
3. Stir into the stock with the horseradish sauce and salt and pepper to taste, then pour onto the egg yolks and stir well to mix.
4. Fold in the chicken and celery and leave to cool.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the chicken mixture.
6. Pour into a buttered 900 ml/ 1 1/2 pint/3 3/4 cup soufflÃ© dish and chill in the refrigerator until set.
7. To freeze: wrap in a freezer bag or foil; seal and return to the freezer; label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
8. To thaw: remove wrappings and thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
9. Garnish the top of the mousse with thin tomato slices just before serving.