Salmon Mousse with Sliced Cucumbers
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot red pepper sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned salmon||23 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (3 Cans, 7 3/4 Ounce Each)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh dill leaves||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Cucumbers||2 Medium, washed (Unpared)|
|Bottled herb salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh dill||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
1) In a medium bowl add wine and sprinkle gelatine over it. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
2) Pour boiling water and stir until gelatine dissolves. Let cool.
3) Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, red-pepper sauce, paprika and salt. Combine together.
4) Keep the bowl in large bowl of ice cubes. Stir and let stand for 10 minutes.
5) Lightly grease a 4-cup mold.
6) Discard skin and bones from salmon.
7) In a blender keep salmon and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Process until smooth.
8) Beat 1/2 cup cream until stiff.
9) With a wire whisk, fold salmon puree, whipped cream and 2 tablespoons dill into gelatine mixture. Combine thoroughly using under-and-over motion.
10) Spoon into prepared mold.
11) Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm enough to unmold.
12) Slice cucumbers thinly and keep in shallow baking dish.
13) Add salad dressing and toss to coat well.
14) Cover and refrigerate the cucumbers.
15) Using a knife, loosen edge of mold and invert on serving platter.
16) Keep a hot damp cloth over mold and shake gently to release. Repeat if necessary.
17) Serve with sliced cucumbers and watercress.
18) Sprinkle cucumbers with snipped dill.
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.5 mg23.8%
Sodium 705.8 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 18 g36.8%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet